US-China: Biden Adopts Tough Stance
- Trade Wall Street from 1.6pts
- Free SMS volatility alerts
- Voted “Best Online Trading Platform”
The Background to the US-China Trade War
Recent tensions between the US and China began on President Trump’s campaign trail in 2016, when he set out his plan to tackle the trade deficit through tariffs and stricter enforcement on subsidies, dumping and intellectual property rights. This became a major plank of Trump’s foreign and economic policy, with the tit-for-tat retaliation on tariffs causing major implications for markets during his time in office.
On his inauguration, President Biden reaffirmed that the US would continue to take a similarly tough stance on Beijing, with increased focus on the technology sector and US chip stocks.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest on the ongoing US-China trade war by reading the latest analysis from our team of expert analysts.
Last Updated:View Less VIEW MORE
Latest Trade War Insights
- The Hang Seng and Nikkei go their separate ways January 20, 2022 11:45 AM
- Asian indices hold key support, but for how long? December 2, 2021 2:20 AM
- Asian Open: Volatility Erupts as US Inflation Hits a Multi-Decade High November 10, 2021 10:31 PM
Receive free alerts as soon as market prices move
Receive free alerts as soon
as market prices move