Start Spread Betting
Get started with your Spread Betting account with City Index.
How to get started
To begin spread betting with City Index, simply follow our three-step guide to opening a financial spread betting account and you could be placing your first spread bet within minutes.
Step 1: Open a City Index spread betting account
- You need to open an account with us in order to start trading. Our application process is simple and secure and you can apply for an online spread betting account at any time by filling in our online application form.
- Once we've successfully completed the verification process, we'll send you your account details by email to confirm that your UK spread betting account is open
- Shortly after that, our account managers will give you a call in case you have any additional questions
- Log in to our range of powerful trading platforms; Advantage Web (browser-based), AT Pro (download platform for Advanced users ) and the City Index apps for iOS and Android
Step 2: Fund your account
- Once your account is open, you'll need to transfer funds into it to start trading. You can do this in a variety of ways via the 'Account' tab in the trading platform
- Your initial deposit must be at least £100, subsequent deposits must meet the minimum amount of £25
- For more information on how you can transfer funds in and out of your account, see our help and support section
Step 3: Start spread betting
- Now you have an online trading account and have deposited funds, you can start trading.
- You can access live price feeds, streaming charts and news instantly and trade 24-hours a day on your financial spread betting account
- For more details of the markets available for you to trade, click on the online Market Information icon in the trading platform
- Watch our video on how to place your first spread bet now
Trade risk-free with a demo account