What are thematic indices?
Each thematic index represents a themed group of US-listed equities. Themes can be based on sectors or performance of the equities according to certain metrics.
Thematic indices present traders with an opportunity to speculate on broad market-wide trends without having to trade multiple equity positions.
With City Index you can trade thematic indices as a spread bet or CFD.
How to trade thematic indices
You can use a combination of fundamental and technical analysis when trading thematic index markets.
Traders may use thematic indices to:
- Hedge equity positions
- Manage risk and volatility
- Gain exposure to large cap equities
- Secure a source of liquidity
- Take a risk-reward position
Our 9 Thematic Indices
Trade the Brexit High 50, which is comprised of 50 stocks with the highest exposure to GBP revenues.
Top-weighted constituents: BP, National Grid, London Stock Exchange Group, Flutter Entertainment, Lloyds Banking Group
Trade Indices risk-free with a demo account
What moves thematic indices?
Thematic index markets generally move according to the cumulative share price of each constituent company in the index. Factors that may impact share prices include:
- Earnings releases
- Macroeconomic events
- News relating to constituent companies
Start trading with City Index
- Choose from 9 unique thematic indices
- Trade with a margin from just 5%
- Find out more about thematic indices pricing
Smart traders deserve
- Fast & powerful new HTML5 technology
- Advanced intelligence and charting
- Fully customisable workspaces