Trading UK Sector Indices
Trade 14 Sector Indices including Energy, Banking and Mining with City Index.
- Trade with just 10% margin
- Choice of 14 UK Sector Indices
- Fast and reliable execution
What are Sector Indices
Sector Indices represent a basket of sector-related shares and provide an overview of the overall industry that they represent.
They allow you to speculate on industry-wide trends without having to take multiple equity positions in a given sector. Sector Indices also enable you to hedge your portfolio or express a directional view of a market.
How to trade UK Sector Indices
Traders most often use fundamental analysis to determine a position on each specific sector.
Sectors with higher dividend yields often become more desirable in bearish markets; while sectors with lower dividend yields tend to fare better in bullish markets.
Many traders use Sector Indices to:
- Hedge equity positions
- Manage risk and volatility
- Gain exposure to large-cap equities
- Secure a source of liquidity
- Take a risk-reward position
Our UK Sector Indices
Services and products relating to the holding of financial assets for others and investing.
Top-weighted constituents: Standard Chartered, HSBC, Lloyds, Barclays, 3i Group
|UK Business Services||45|
|UK Customer Services||45|
|UK Non-Energy Materials||32|
|UK Consumer Non-Cyclicals||45|
Trade Indices risk-free with a demo account
What moves UK Sector Indices?
UK Sector Indices tend to be affected by broader market movement which affects the price of many companies. Typical examples include:
- The performance of the shares within that index
- Good or bad news affecting several big companies in that sector
- Changes to interest rates
Start trading indices with City Index
- At City Index we provide 11 unique UK Sector Indices
- Trade with a margin of 10%
- Find out more about our UK Sector Indices spreads and pricing
Smart traders deserve
- Fast & powerful new HTML5 technology
- Advanced intelligence and charting
- Fully customisable workspaces