We have seen a Negative start to the European equity markets this morning with Spain’s prime minister
City Index July 11, 2012 4:20 PM
<p>Spread betting provider City Index brings you the 11th of July Market Update with Nick Holloway: We have seen a NEGATIVE start to the European […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
Spread betting provider City Index brings you the 11th of July Market Update with Nick Holloway:
- We have seen a NEGATIVE start to the European equity markets this morning with Spain’s prime minister, Mariano Rajoy expected to outline further austerity measures when he speaks in parliament today. EU leaders have been pressing the prime minister for a convincing two-year blueprint of structural reforms in order to justify the recent bailouts Spain has received.
- In early trading, we see the FTSE 100 opened DOWN 28 points to 5635.
- Biggest losers this morning are Burberry, showing down 5% at 1220 pence after they missed sales targets suggesting an Asian slowdown in luxury products.
- Other reporters today are Barratt Development, seeing first year revenue UP 14% with adjusted pretax profit for the period of £110 million pounds. They remain broadly flat today.
- The Federal Reserve are releasing the minutes of their recent meeting this evening. The minutes are expected to show how worried the Fed is on US economic prospects, and the decision behind their vote to extend Operation Twist.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.