We begin this week with the FTSE trading about 15 points lower at 5760
Mansur Chowdhury April 30, 2012 3:29 PM
<p>With major European indices experiencing four consecutive days of gains last week, we begin this week with the FTSE trading about 15 points lower at […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- With major European indices experiencing four consecutive days of gains last week, we begin this week with the FTSE trading about 15 points lower at 5760, and the German DAX at 6810 so trading flat from last weeks close.
- So far the biggest riser seen on the FTSE is Aberdeen Asset management, they posted their first half results this morning and reported an increase in first half assets under management by 8.7% and raised its interim dividend by 16%, so their share price is seen trading higher by 2.5% this morning.
- On the other end of the spectrum, the biggest faller is Man Group, who are down over 4%. It seems a reaction to the news late last week of their funds under management being down 15%. They were also subject to takeover chatter last week.
- Both gold and US Crude Oil still quite flat in early trading, Gold at 1662 and US Crude Oil at 10481.
- The dollar index is still largely unmoved against major currencies this morning, with the EUR/USD still at 1.3238 so completely flat, and the GBP/USD up just 11 pips at 1.6289.
- In economic data, keep your eyes on EMU CPI figures at 10am GMT and US Personal Consumption Expenditure figures at 1.30pm GMT.
- A busy week ahead in term of both major corporate earnings and economic figures so plenty of trading opportunities. Thanks for watching and tune in tomorrow.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.