Vodafone shares slumped 3.5% to a loss
Trading Floor News November 13, 2012 5:12 PM
<p>- In early trading today the FTSE was down 39 points at 5728. – With mining stocks and banks dragging the market lower, Anglo American, […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- In early trading today the FTSE was down 39 points at 5728.
- With mining stocks and banks dragging the market lower, Anglo American, is the worst performer as it struggles with labour problems down 3.75%, ENRC and Kazakhmys followed with negative results.
- Banks suffering from the concerns over the eurozone crisis with RBS Lloyds and Barclays taking a hit.
- Disagreement from the International monetary fund and the EU over the Greek bailout conditions loom over the markets, international lenders did not distribute more help to the debt ridden country on Monday, and has given it a time frame of two more years to make the cuts required and reform its economy. The country is said to have refinanced five billion euros of its debt.
- Vodafone shares slumped 3.5% to a 1.98 billion pound loss in six months to September pushing euro stocks lower.
- In addition to this Looking over to the US, tension rises about us politicians reaching agreement to solve the fiscal cliff showed on a lower open on the wall street futures.
- Overall sentiment is clearly negative today, uncertainty remains and trading will be wary, investors will have a keen eye on the UK inflation figures released later today and will hope that Greece ministers come to a decision on country aid by nov 20th in a meeting set.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.