Gold Perks up on Dollar Weakness (RUT)
Matt Simpson July 29, 2021 3:45 AM
The US dollar was lower following the FOMC meeting, which has seen gold rise to a 7-day high during Asian trade.
In today’s video we take another look at gold prices now momentum has realigned with a higher timeframe trend, then take a look at dollar weakness via USD/CHF. As for indices, we highlight a key level on the Russell 2000 which could act as a pivotal level for bullish or bearish setups as we head towards the weekend.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4400.64 (-0.02%), 28 July 2021
- Energy (0.97%) was the strongest sector and Consumer Staples (-0.86%) was the weakest
- 7 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 224 (44.36%) stocks advanced and 280 (55.45%) declined
- 88.32% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 100% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 59.41% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 7.58% - Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD.OQ)
- + 6.34% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- + 5.83% - Monolithic Power Systems Inc (MPWR.OQ)
- -5.71% - Humana Inc (HUM.N)
- -3.08% - CH Robinson Worldwide Inc (CHRW.OQ)
- -3.06% - Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK.N)
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.