Market News & Analysis
[Video] Apple bullish breakout reinforced by "value factor" play
Kelvin Wong September 12, 2019 9:43 AM
- A clear factor style-based rotation is at play in the U.S. stock market where the outperformance premium since the start of the year on momentum driven stocks over value-factor based stocks has narrowed significantly.
- Interestingly, Apple is a key component stock with the highest weightage in the iShares S&P 500 value ETF where its share price has benefited indirectly from this factor rotation.
- From a technical analysis perspective, Apple has managed to stage a bullish breakout from a 4-month range configuration in place since May 2019 accompanied by a relative high volume and positive momentum as indicated by the daily RSI oscillator.
- Key medium-term support to watch for Apple will be at 211.50 in any pull-back for a further potential up move to retest its current all-time high at 233.47 before targeting the next resistance at 243.80 which is defined by the upper boundary of a medium-term ascending channel in place since 03 Jan 2019 and a Fibonacci projection cluster.
- On the other hand, a break with a daily close below 211.50 negates the bullish tone a slide back to test the ascending channel support at 195.30
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.