US stocks advanced with New Home Sales report indicating an increase of 4.5%
Trading Floor News February 28, 2013 3:20 PM
<p>- We had an eventful day across global markets yesterday. In the US, the stocks advanced following the New Home Sales report which indicated increase […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- We had an eventful day across global markets yesterday. In the US, the stocks advanced following the New Home Sales report which indicated increase of 4.5%
- Ben Bernanke yesterday said that the quantitative easing polices contributed to the recovery of housing and car industries. Dow Jones closed 175 points up after the speech and reached the 5-year high
- Asian stocks and gold also recorded gains after the nomination of Haruhiko Kuroda for the Bank of Japan’s Governor
- Back to Europe,10-year Italian bond yields decreased after the auction. Euro remained steady against dollar and yen
- This morning the German DAX was up by 0.7%, the CAC was up by 0.4% and the FTSE opened at 6325 up by 0.56%
- RBS recorded an annual loss of £5.17 billion and Kazakhmys had a 30% drop in 2012 core profit
- Later on today, we’re expecting data on US Preliminary GDP and Unemployment claims at 1.30pm UK time.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.