US stocks advanced with New Home Sales report indicating an increase of 4.5%
Trading Floor News February 28, 2013 3:20 PM
<p>- We had an eventful day across global markets yesterday. In the US, the stocks advanced following the New Home Sales report which indicated increase […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- We had an eventful day across global markets yesterday. In the US, the stocks advanced following the New Home Sales report which indicated increase of 4.5%
- Ben Bernanke yesterday said that the quantitative easing polices contributed to the recovery of housing and car industries. Dow Jones closed 175 points up after the speech and reached the 5-year high
- Asian stocks and gold also recorded gains after the nomination of Haruhiko Kuroda for the Bank of Japan’s Governor
- Back to Europe,10-year Italian bond yields decreased after the auction. Euro remained steady against dollar and yen
- This morning the German DAX was up by 0.7%, the CAC was up by 0.4% and the FTSE opened at 6325 up by 0.56%
- RBS recorded an annual loss of £5.17 billion and Kazakhmys had a 30% drop in 2012 core profit
- Later on today, we’re expecting data on US Preliminary GDP and Unemployment claims at 1.30pm UK time.