- US indices continued to fall after yesterday’s “key reversal”, led lower by the Dow (-0.5%)
- Among the major sectors, REITs (XLRE) edged higher, while energy (XLE) stocks dumped about 1.6% as WTI fell 3% on the day to a one-month low.
- Traders were ravenous for shares in Beyond Meat’s IPO, with the stock surging nearly 200% from its offering price at one point. BYND closed the day up over 160%.
- US-China trade deal speculation was rife today, with a Chamber of Commerce official saying talks were in the “endgame,” while Chinese media suggested the negotiations were at an impasse. Traders remain skeptical until a Trump-Xi summit is formally announced.
- Trading in Asian markets will likely be thin with Japanese traders still on break for Golden Week.
Corporate Event Calendar (Asia)
NTS = No Time Specified
*Data from Refinitiv. Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.