- US indices rallied throughout the day but still closed marginally lower (no worse than -0.5%)
- Ten of the eleven major sectors fell on the day, with health care (XLV) leading the way and materials (XLB) lagging.
- Trade headlines dominated today’s trade, with President Trump tweeting that the US “won’t be losing anymore” on trade. Meanwhile, China still plans on sending a delegation to Washington this week, though it’s unclear whether top negotiator Liu He will make the trip.
- In the most anticipated IPO of the year, shares in Uber may start trading as soon as Friday with the company looking at a market capitalization of around $90B.
- Japanese markets are finally set to reopen after the Golden Week holidays.
*No top-tier companies are set to report earnings in Tuesday’s Asian session.
*Data from Refinitiv. Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.