The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- UK 100 opens positive this morning, up 10 points.
- The DAX is up 23 points this morning while the CAC 40 is up 12 points and Dow futures are trading up 1 point so far.
- Britain’s FTSE 100 Index is seen rising on Friday after good gains overnight on Wall Street and in Asia on expectations of a strong US jobs report later in the day, along with good ADP jobless data from yesterday.
- In forex, GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.5968, while EUR/USD is at 1.4319 and USD/JPY is trading at 8133.
- Gold is up on the week, currently at 1527 per troy ounce, though it has dipped off its high of 1535.
- Crude oil for August delivery is currently at $98.56 per barrel, up $4 since the beginning of week.
- In economic data, UK PPI figures released at 9.30am (UK time) revealed that wholesale retailers have upped prices as costs go up. At 1.30pm (UK time) keep an eye out for the release of the all-important non-farm payrolls.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.