Treading cautiously ahead of this afternoon’s all-important US jobs report
Trading Floor News May 3, 2013 6:00 PM
<p>- A mixed start this morning as markets, are treading cautiously ahead of this afternoon’s all-important US jobs report. – London’s FTSE 100 has slipped […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- A mixed start this morning as markets, are treading cautiously ahead of this afternoon’s all-important US jobs report.
- London’s FTSE 100 has slipped 5 points in opening trade, dragged by RBS, which this morning revealed it would be ready to re-privatise within the year. The company swung to a profit for the first three months of the year, but failed to impress investors.
- However, a well performance was seen by the mining sectors, led by Eurasian Natural Resources, jumping up more than 2%. Leading the upside were the miners with ENRC, Antofagasta, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and EVRAZ making decent gains as metals prices improved.
- European shares held near five-year highs early on Friday as central bank stimulus continued to support equities over other asset classes.
- Looking at economic data Eurozone Producer Price Index was released at 10am this morning. Meanwhile, traders are awaiting employment data from the US, due to be released 1:30pm this afternoon and widely anticipated to show a drag on the economy.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.