Third meeting in a month but will Greece reach a deal
Trading Floor News November 26, 2012 2:40 PM
<p>- EU markets edged lower taking a breather after a five-day rally last week – FTSE is currently trading down 0.2% – The focus today […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- EU markets edged lower taking a breather after a five-day rally last week
- FTSE is currently trading down 0.2%
- The focus today is very much on the meeting of Eurozone finance ministers who will be looking to achieve a deal for Greece to release a new tranche of aid, it will be the third meeting in a month to reach a deal
- There is some caution but it is clear that Greece’s lender will not allow the country to fail
- Elsewhere in Europe Catalonian voters supported pro-independence parties in election over the weekend, causing concern for Rajoy, although Spain is off the radar for a moment whilst Greece takes centre stage
- Banking sector is weak in the UK, with Barclays currently down 3.7%
- There is no major economic data due today
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.