There was a positive start to the week
City Index June 11, 2012 2:33 PM
<p>There was a positive start to the week as the FTSE, Dow and DAX gained between 75 and 125 points as trading began last night. […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- There was a positive start to the week as the FTSE, Dow and DAX gained between 75 and 125 points as trading began last night. This was in response to the 100 billion -euro bailout of the Spanish banks that was agreed over the weekend.
- Banks were the strongest performers across the board with Lloyds rising nearly 4.5%… Barclays and RBS were up 3% and in Germany, Commerzbank and Deutchebank were also up around 4.5%.
- By noon the FTSE was at 5488, the Dow at 12650 and the DAX at 6235. The euro had also gained half a cent against the US dollar.
- Man group was one of the weaker performers this morning as shares fell 1.4%. After opening at almost 82p , by noon they had fallen to 78.5 pence.
- There are no figures out today of high importance, however tomorrow at 9.30 we have the manufacturing production figures for the UK. We will also be waiting for further details of the Spanish banking bail out which is expected to emerge after audits this week. For now though this has provided the markets with a positive boost.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.