The UK 100 opened positively this morning
City Index August 17, 2012 7:59 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened positively this morning, trading up 15 points, the German Dax is trading up 14 points and the French CAC is up […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positively this morning, trading up 15 points, the German Dax is trading up 14 points and the French CAC is up 3 points.
- There was a positive trading session in the states last night.
- The Dow futures are down by 31 points.
- The UK blue chip index closed flat yesterday around 50 points below an intra-day peak hit on tuesday, with investors unwilling to push the market further awaiting stronger evidence that policymakers will deliver more long-awaited stimulus.
- Today we opened up 15 points, or 0.3 percent, with the stock market likely to be volatile in early trade due to the monthly futures and options expiries at around 9.15am GMT.
- The GBP/USD is at 15722, The EUR/USD is at 12371, the USD/JPYis at 79.42, Gold is at $1519 and Crude oil sep. is at $9535
- No important British economic data will be released today, so investors’ macro attention will be directed across the Atlantic to the first reading of the august reuters/university of Michigan consumer sentiment index at 1.55pm GMT, and the July u.s. lead indicators at 2pm GMT
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.