The UK 100 opened positively this morning but is now trading down 21 points
City Index February 22, 2012 4:52 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened positively this morning but is now trading down 21 points. The DAX is down 56 points, the CAC is down 12 […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positively this morning but is now trading down 21 points.
- The DAX is down 56 points, the CAC is down 12 points and Dow Futures are currently trading down 4 points.
- Britain’s top shares were seen opening a touch higher on Wednesday, with market sentiment supported by this week’s agreement of a long-awaited bailout package for Greece, although concerns abounded that any rescue deal was by no means the end of the saga.
- However the market fell off after the 9.30am release of BoE minutes.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.5710, EUR/USD is at 1.3232 and USD/JPY is at 80.20.
- Gold is currently trading at $1,753, while US Crude Oil for March delivery is trading at $103.35.
- In economic data, US existing homesales will be released at 3pm (GMT).
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.