The UK 100 opened negative this morning, down 25 points
City Index June 6, 2011 5:41 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened negative this morning, down 25 points. It is currently trading down 5 points. The DAX opened down 22 points and is […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened negative this morning, down 25 points. It is currently trading down 5 points.
- The DAX opened down 22 points and is now down 3 points while the CAC opened down 19.5 points, and is currently trading down 19 points.
- Dow futures are currently trading down 30 points.
- The FTSE Index is seen falling on Monday in tandem with declines on Wall Street and in Asia after a weak US jobs report stoked concerns that the world’s biggest economy was slowing with five consecutively negative trading sessions last week.
- In currency, GBP/USD is at 1.6425, EUR/USD is at 1.4628 and USD/JPY is at 8019.
- Gold is trading at 1,545 per troy ounce, up $3, while crude oil futures for July delivery are currently at $99.50 per barrel.
- No critical economic data is scheduled for release today.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.