The markets have opened cautiously lower still from yesterday’s close
Mansur Chowdhury April 11, 2012 4:10 PM
<p>Following quite heavy falls across major indices yesterday, the markets have opened cautiously lower still from yesterday’s close. It appears markets are still concerned over […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Following quite heavy falls across major indices yesterday, the markets have opened cautiously lower still from yesterday’s close.
- It appears markets are still concerned over Europe’s debt, and Spanish and Italian bond yields soaring yesterday, Spanish bonds reaching 6 percent.
- In Europe, FTSE currently trading at 5585 down about 10 points, DAX is trading at 6630, so flat from yesterdays close and the CAC also flat at 3220.
- Amongst the biggest FTSE risers are G4S and Weir Group, up 3% and 2%. But a host of mining companies including Fresnillo, Kazakhmys and BHP Billiton also amongst the main risers, showing signs of a rebound in the sector, after yesterdays losses.
- Amongst the fallers, BT is down 1.7% after a receiving a broker downgrade.
- Gold prices steadying today at 1660, after rallying strongly yesterday. US Crude oil is trading at 10150.
- EUR/USD up 0.2% at 1.3108, and GBP/USD up 0.3% at 1.5910. Again most currencies and commodities showing some signs of rebounds from yesterday’s moves.
- In economic data, German Wholesale Price Index figures were slightly better than expected. And later today we have the Monthly Budget Statement from the US.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.