The major indices all closed up yesterday following the release of positive US data
City Index June 28, 2012 2:18 PM
<p>The major indices all closed up yesterday following the release of positive US data. The FTSE was up 1.4%, the DAX and DOW both up […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The major indices all closed up yesterday following the release of positive US data. The FTSE was up 1.4%, the DAX and DOW both up 92 pts and the Nasdaq up 21 points.
- By 9am this morning, the FTSE was at 5484, the DAX at 6160 and the Dow at 12567.
- The building materials sector was the strongest performer within the FTSE yesterday, whilst Lloyds and Amec were also up 3%.
- Barclays have been fined £290 million following allegations that the bank has been involved in the manipulation of LIBOR, resulting in borrowers paying incorrect interest rates on debts. Deutchebank, Citigroup, and UBS have also been linked to this incident.
- Today we have the Italian 10-year Bond Auction, at 9.30am the Current Account figures for the UK, and the US Unemployment Claims at 1.30pm.
- Finally, the EU Summit begins today, amid growing concerns over the Eurozone Crisis. It is not expected to provide much of a resolution to the unhealthy financial situation of Greece, Spain and Italy, however, it will certainly be something to keep an eye on for the rest of the week.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.