The FTSE trades flat to slightly lower this Friday morning
Mansur Chowdhury March 2, 2012 4:46 PM
<p>Having closed strongly yesterday at around 5935 level, the FTSE trades flat to slightly lower this Friday morning by about 10 points. Elsewhere in Europe, […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Having closed strongly yesterday at around 5935 level, the FTSE trades flat to slightly lower this Friday morning by about 10 points.
- Elsewhere in Europe, the German DAX trading flat at 6940, and the French CAC is also trading within a flat range.
- The biggest riser on the day is utilities firm International Power; which along with its controlling shareholder GDF Suez Asia, has announced they have signed 30-year Power Purchase Agreements for two major geothermal projects with PLN, the state-owned utility of Indonesia. International Power is trading higher by 3%.
- Also trading higher is engineering firm IMI, which reported this morning that its revenues increased by 12% year on year, and dividends increasing by 15%. IMI are also one of the leaders this morning, up by 1.7%.
- Amongst the FTSE fallers, Kazakhmys is down by over 2%, along with miners XTA and Randgold Resources. GKN and Next are also trading lower.
- The dollar is showing some strength this morning so it is not surprising to see some of the miners amongst the fallers, with cable lower by 0.2%, and the euro against the dollar also down by 0.5%.
- It is a very light day on the corporate and economic data front, but figures to keep an eyes on would be with European Monetary Union PPI at 10am.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.