The FTSE this morning remained flat around the 5500 mark
City Index July 26, 2012 7:13 PM
<p>The FTSE this morning remained flat around the 5500 mark. The DAX opened at 6397, down 0.15% and by 9am the Dow Jones Index was […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE this morning remained flat around the 5500 mark. The DAX opened at 6397, down 0.15% and by 9am the Dow Jones Index was at 12695.
- Brent is currently above $104 per barrel, as tension in the Middle East continues to cause concerns over supply.
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC today posted a first-half net loss of GBP676 million, but the U.K. bank said it was on track to meet 2012 targets as it continues to shrink its business.
- Among the biggest losers this morning, Lamprell shares plummeted on the open from 122p to 70p, as the oil rig maker reported that it is expecting a larger loss for the first half, than originally anticipated.
- After posting better than expected profits, strong performances were seen from Rolls Royce, up 5% and ITV up 3%
- In terms of US economic data- the Core Durable Goods orders and Unemployment Claims is at 1.30, and the Pending Home Sales is at 3pm. The head of the ECB- President Draghi- Is speaking at 10.30 which may also be something to keep an eye on.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.