The FTSE is still trading quite flat
Mansur Chowdhury July 5, 2012 10:22 PM
<p>In early trading this morning, the FTSE is still trading quite flat, at the moment just short of the psychological 5700 level. It appears investors […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- In early trading this morning, the FTSE is still trading quite flat, at the moment just short of the psychological 5700 level.
- It appears investors are cautious and all eyes are on the ECB and Bank of England’s meetings this afternoon. Although the MPC is predicted to keep the bank rate at 0.5%, the BoE is almost certain to raise the size of asset purchases by £50 billion to £375 billion.
- The FTSE this morning trading at 5694, about 10 points up. The German DAX is at 6590, about 15 points up, and the CAC is at 3260 up by 5 points.
- Topping the leaderboard is engineering group GKN. This is on the back of news they’ve acquired the aero division of AB Volvo for £633million, and their shares are currently up 11% at 207.7p. They’ve also received a broker upgrade to Buy from Arden Partners.
- The cautious sentiment in the markets is also reflected in commodities and currencies. With gold currently at 1617, up only 0.1% with the dollar index unmoved this morning against the major currencies.
- Later on in the day keep your eyes on jobless figures from the US.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.