The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE is down -0.1%, the French CAC is down -0.6% and the German DAX is down 0.1% from a four-month high
- Miners are putting pressure on the FTSE as Chinese export data grew only 1% year-on-year in July; analysts had been expected a growth of 8.6%. As a result, Kazakhmys, Vedanta Resources and Rio Tinto are all trading lower
- Barclays has appointed a new chairman – Sir David Walker – the selection has pleased investors and the bank is trading up +1.7% today
- Standard Chartered is off 1% as Fitch says it may review the bank’s AA credit rating
- German inflation data came in as expected and there is little economic data of significance due out this afternoon
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.