The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning
City Index January 12, 2012 5:41 PM
<p>The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning and is currently down 8 points. The DAX and CAC are marginally unchanged, up 1 point and 5 […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning and is currently down 8 points. The DAX and CAC are marginally unchanged, up 1 point and 5 points respectively, while Dow Futures are currently down 17 points.
- The FTSE 100 Index is seen rising on Thursday, however gains have been limited so far as investors await a Spanish sovereign debt auction – 2012′s first real test of demand for debt from the eurozone’s weaker states.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is at 1.5302, EUR/USD is at 1.2720 and USD/JPY is at 76.97.
- Gold is currently trading at $1,645 and crude oil for February delivery is trading at $101.30.
- In economic data, keep an eye out for the Bank of England’s interest rate decision at midday, followed by the ECB rate setting decision at 12.45pm (GMT).
- Across the pond, US jobless claims and retail sales data will both be announced at 1.30pm (GMT).