The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning
City Index January 12, 2012 5:41 PM
<p>The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning and is currently down 8 points. The DAX and CAC are marginally unchanged, up 1 point and 5 […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning and is currently down 8 points. The DAX and CAC are marginally unchanged, up 1 point and 5 points respectively, while Dow Futures are currently down 17 points.
- The FTSE 100 Index is seen rising on Thursday, however gains have been limited so far as investors await a Spanish sovereign debt auction – 2012′s first real test of demand for debt from the eurozone’s weaker states.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is at 1.5302, EUR/USD is at 1.2720 and USD/JPY is at 76.97.
- Gold is currently trading at $1,645 and crude oil for February delivery is trading at $101.30.
- In economic data, keep an eye out for the Bank of England’s interest rate decision at midday, followed by the ECB rate setting decision at 12.45pm (GMT).
- Across the pond, US jobless claims and retail sales data will both be announced at 1.30pm (GMT).
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.