The Dow Jones index FELL on Friday by 75 points to end the day at 12454
City Index May 28, 2012 2:53 PM
<p>The Dow Jones index FELL on Friday by 75 points to end the day at 12454. Investors have continued to be uncertain with the European […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The Dow Jones index FELL on Friday by 75 points to end the day at 12454.
- Investors have continued to be uncertain with the European outlook as Bankia, Spains fourthth Biggest bank, revised its 2011 results from a PROFIT of €300m to a €2.98b LOSS citing toxic property loans. The bank has approached the government to seek a bailout of €19b, which they insist to be an investment to return Bankia to a “solid, efficient and profitable” concern.
- We have seen a POSITIVE start from the European Equity markets as concerns over Greece leaving the European Union have slightly abated. Opinion polls from Greece suggest that the New Democracy Party, who SUPPORT the plans of an EU Bailout, are leading by as much as 5.7 percent over the anti austerity party of Syriza.
- The CAC is UP 30 points to 3078, with the DAX UP 74 points at 6414.
- The FTSE 100 has opened UP 50 points, at 5402 with Capita leading the way as UBS have upgraded their outlook to BUY from NEUTRAL. They are trading UP 17.5 pence at 628.5.
- The miners are showing POSITIVE gains today, with Rio UP 70 pence at £28.64 and Antofagasta UP 25 pence to £10.42.
- There is no US equity session today due to a bank holiday in the states, although the US futures will be trading through to 4.30pm in the afternoon.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.