Thanksgiving holiday in the US will undoubtedly mean things will be fairly quiet
Trading Floor News November 22, 2012 3:10 PM
<p>- As European Markets continue their recovery, heading into what could be the fourth positive session in a row, the Thanksgiving holiday in the US […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- As European Markets continue their recovery, heading into what could be the fourth positive session in a row, the Thanksgiving holiday in the US will undoubtedly mean things will be fairly quiet.
- Positive manufacturing data from China suggests that economic growth has picked up in November providing another boost to European markets.
- Currently we find the FTSE up 26 points at 5777 while the German Dax is up 47 points at 7234.
- As the brewing giant SAB Miller beat market forecasts, their shares are the biggest gainer on the FTSE, currently trading over 5% higher.
- Also stronger are the miners as the Chinese data provides a boost while also leads trades to riskier assets. Evraz are 3.5% higher, Eurasian are over 2% up while Vedanta and Anglo American are both 1¾ % higher.
- On the downside we see Lloyds Banking Group, off around ½% while Standard Chartered is also suffering, around ¼ % down.
- The EU Economic Summit taking place during the day may provide some interesting data for traders to digest but with the US holiday, trading will likely be fairly quiet throughout.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.