Market News & Analysis
Stock Selection (HK shares): ACC Tech Dragged Down By Local External Factors
Kelvin Wong June 12, 2019 7:20 AM
AAC Technologies Holdings (2018 HKG)
click to enlarge charts
- AAC Tech, one of the component stocks on the benchmark Hang Seng Index has continued to bleed due to weak localised sentiment caused by the on-going mass demonstrations seen in Hong Kong to protest the “soon to be passed” controversial China extradition bill. It has underperformed the Hang Seng Index (HSI) as at today’s mid-session where it tumbled by -4.10% versus a drop of -1.7% seen in the HSI. Click here for an analysis on the Hang Seng Index by my colleague, Matt Simpson.
- Also, external factors are also not in favour towards AAC Tech because it is a key supplier to both Apple and Huawei where these two tech giants are now being drawn into the “crossfire” of the on-going trade war between U.S. and China.
- The long-term cyclical downtrend in place since 13 Nov 2017 high of 185.00 remains intact and showing no signs of a bullish reversal.
- Its share price has started to form an impending daily bearish “Evening Star” candlestick pattern coupled with negative momentum seen in both the weekly and daily RSI oscillators
- Key medium-term resistance stands at 45.55 which is defined by the median line of the long-term descending channel and the former swing low areas of 01/19 Mar 2019.
Key Levels (1 to 3 weeks)
Pivot (key resistance): 45.55
Next resistance: 60.00/63.95
If the 45.55 key medium-term pivotal resistance is not surpassed, the corrective rebound from its 04 Jan 2019 low of 39.40 is likely to be over and AAC Tech may resume its impulsive down move to target the next support at 34.00/34.45 in the first step.
However, a daily close above 45.55 invalidates the bearish scenario for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the next resistance at 60.00/63.95 (25 Feb 2019 swing high).
Charts are from eSignal
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.