Some poor figures reflected in Aprils PMI for the eurozone area
City Index June 6, 2012 2:39 PM
<p>Yesterday, we saw some poor figures reflected in Aprils PMI for the eurozone area, nearing a 3-year low of 46, with Spain and Italy recording […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Yesterday, we saw some poor figures reflected in Aprils PMI for the eurozone area, nearing a 3-year low of 46, with Spain and Italy recording 41.2 and 43.5 respectively.
- There was further pain in Spain as an emergency meeting of G7 leaders yesterday warned of Spain nearing a bailout as yields on 10-year bonds approach 7%, levels which previously triggered bailouts for Ireland and Greece. Whilst no firm decisions were laid out, they ended the conference with a promise that eurozone Leaders would respond “speedily” to further developments in the crisis.
- We saw some welcome relief with better than expected figures out in the US for Non-Manufacturing PMI coming in at 53.7, which saw the Dow Jones index RISE by 26 points to close the day at 12128.
- We have seen a positive start to the FTSE 100 today, UP 55 points to 5315.
- RBS are leading the way after a 10 for 1 consolidation, with a 5% GAIN in respect of the new price level at 208.7 pence.
- Barclays are UP 5% to 182 pence, with Lloyds UP 4.5% to 26.87.
- Vodafone have gone Ex-dividend today for 6.47 pence per share, with Vodafone being broadly flat today after accounting for this dividend.
- The CAC is UP 30 points to 3015, with the DAX UP 65 points at 6035.
- Figures out today are UK’s construction PMI at 9.30am, and eyes are focused on the ECB this afternoon with interest rate decision, anticipated to be unchanged at 1%, followed by a press conference commencing 1.30pm.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.