Share market news
Share, Stock, or Equities trading has a long history as one of the world's most popular forms of investment.
- Company Share trading takes place in global exchanges
- Each major Stock exchange has its own sets of indexes representing the biggest companies
- Share market trading can involve individual Stocks or Indexes
Share Market Analysis and Insights
- FTSE undecided on direction as main crises simmer down August 17, 2018 9:43 AM
- Walmart beat helps extend global stock market rebound August 16, 2018 7:30 PM
- FTSE flirts with the flat line August 15, 2018 9:33 AM
- Lira sell off spreads like wildfire August 10, 2018 5:20 PM
- Turkey contagion hits Europe August 10, 2018 9:58 AM
Open a live account in minutes
What is a Share market?
Share markets, Stock markets or Equity markets are all names for various exchanges where Shares can be traded, be they large caps or penny Stocks. Stock markets can either be physical markets with traders still doing the Stock trading by standing in the trading pits like on the New York Stock Exchange or they can be electronic where the trade is done by pressing a button. London has the London Stock Exchange, one of the world's oldest Stock markets, where hundreds of large company's Shares are traded, and the smaller sub-market AIM for smaller companies.
How to trade Share markets
It is possible to either trade Shares of a specific company, or, if you are taking the bigger view of the Stock market, to trade the Stock market using an Index. In London the main Index is the FTSE 100, which comprises the 100 biggest companies traded on the London Stock Exchange. Traders should pay close attention to Stock market news including things like company results, investments and reporting or other news which might affect the profitability of companies.