Share market news
One of the world’s most popular forms of investment, Share, Stock, or Equities trading has a long history and influences the world.
- Company Share trading takes place in global exchanges
- Each major Stock exchange has its own Index representing the biggest companies
- Share market trading can involve individual Stocks or multiple Indices
Share Market Analysis and Insights
- Stock markets calmer on the surface October 16, 2018 1:54 PM
- Another crunch week for Europe October 15, 2018 2:20 PM
- Citigroup earnings shine as US bank shares fade further October 12, 2018 9:38 PM
- Tesco discount could be a bargain October 11, 2018 2:53 PM
- Inflation Kryptonite could strike again October 11, 2018 12:43 PM
Open a live account in minutes
What is a Share market?
Share markets, Stock markets or Equity markets are all names for various exchanges where Shares can be traded, be they large caps or penny Stocks. Stock markets can either be physical markets with traders still doing the Stock trading by standing in the trading pits like on the New York Stock Exchange or they can be electronic where the trade is done by pressing a button. London has the London Stock Exchange, one of the world's oldest Stock markets, where hundreds of large company's Shares are traded, and the smaller sub-market AIM for smaller companies.
How to trade Share markets
It is possible to either trade Shares of a specific company, or, if you are taking the bigger view of the Stock market, to trade the Stock market using an Index. In London the main Index is the FTSE 100, which comprises the 100 biggest companies traded on the London Stock Exchange. Traders should pay close attention to Stock market news including things like company results, investments and reporting or other news which might affect the profitability of companies.