Rumours of more Quantitive easing offsetting worse than expected
City Index April 25, 2012 3:41 PM
<p>With a fairly quiet trading session yesterday with rumours of more Quantitive easing offsetting worse than expected consumer confidence and consistent New Home Sales, the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- With a fairly quiet trading session yesterday with rumours of more Quantitive easing offsetting worse than expected consumer confidence and consistent New Home Sales, the FTSE closed up 43 points at 5709 and the Dow was up 74 points closing just above the 13000 mark.
- This morning it has been a fairly quiet start but traders are awaiting the key UK GDP data at 9.30am GMT which is expected to show a slight growth in the UK economy in the first three months of this year.
- Arm Holding are the biggest gainer this morning, Up 2.5% after Apple announced some juicy figures after the bell last night which saw the stock surge 7.5% in after hours, up a staggering $43.
- The biggest fallers this morning are the ex-div stocks with Centrica, Reed Elsevier and Tesco propping up the FTSE, down between 3.5% to 2.5% respectively.
- With US durable goods at 1.30pm GMT and the FOMC statement at 5.30pm GMT, there is plenty of macro data to keep traders keen.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.