Obama makes a counter offer to republicans
Trading Floor News December 18, 2012 4:00 PM
<p>- European markets traded higher today, the FTSE 100 up 0.3% at 5928 with inspirations from progress being made from the US that avoids the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European markets traded higher today, the FTSE 100 up 0.3% at 5928 with inspirations from progress being made from the US that avoids the fiscal cliff.
- Obama made a counter offer to republicans that included a change in position on tax hikes for the wealthy, as it looks like they are moving forward and looking to compromise by the end of the year and the global economy will no longer be under threat.
- The German DAX was up 0.4 percent at 7632, the French CAC was up 3 percent at 3648 as the positivity overnight has given the markets confidence, with this news it could drive further gains for investors heading into Christmas.
- Looking at the mining sector, gains from Vedanta evraz and BHP Billiton were in demand on the hopes from the US and gains from Whitbread after £51m in sales figures and Rolls Royce after signing a $1bn contract with japans skymark airlines.
- The markets have now received constructive signals from the US, focus will remain on further news on the deal, and looking at economic data inflation figures will be released at 9.30am.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.