Non-farm payrolls expected at 1.30pm
Fiona Cincotta December 2, 2011 3:07 PM
<p>The FTSE is up 90 points today to 5580, being led higher by banks and commodities as the biggest risers. There have been only a […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE is up 90 points today to 5580, being led higher by banks and commodities as the biggest risers. There have been only a few blue chip fallers this morning.
- Investors are awaiting the latest US non-farm payroll results to be announced at 1.30pm (UK time).
- The payrolls are forecast to have risen by 122000 in November, compared to a rise of just 80, 000 in October.
- Additionally unemployment is set to rise to 9%.
- Investors are also looking towards the crucial EU summit next week, which is expected to resolve the EU crisis and seen as make or break for the 12-year old single currency.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.