National Grid, Vodafone and M&S prices fall
City Index June 1, 2011 6:19 PM
<p>A positive day yesterday saw the FTSE close up 51 points and the Dow Jones close up 128 points. The markets have started flatter here […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- A positive day yesterday saw the FTSE close up 51 points and the Dow Jones close up 128 points. The markets have started flatter here in Europe today.
- The FTSE is down 3 points at 5986 and Dow Jones Futures are currently down 10 points so far.
- Dividend factors knocked 16.83 points off the FTSE Index today, with National Grid, Vodafone and M&S amongst others losing their dividend attraction.
- These are the three biggest fallers, down 3.5% and 2.5% respectively.
- Rio Tinto is the biggest gainer, up 1.5% currently as Citigroup gave it a favourable outlook and as peer BHP Billiton received an income tax credit of $580million from the Australian government.
- At 9.30am (UK time) manufacturing data will be released in the UK while at 1.15pm (UK time) we have US ADP non-farms employment change – a precursor to Friday’s big non-farm payrolls data.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.