Mining sector performs well in FTSE rise
Fiona Cincotta October 21, 2011 3:57 PM
<p>The FTSE is up 22 points at 5397 today, in tandem with modest gains on Wall Street and Asian indices yesterday and earlier this morning. […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE is up 22 points at 5397 today, in tandem with modest gains on Wall Street and Asian indices yesterday and earlier this morning.
- Investors are keenly awaiting the outcome of the meeting of EU leaders this weekend for signs of progress in resolving the EU debt crisis.
- Sunday’s meeting is not expected to give an all-cure solution as leaders are still sharply divided over how to strengthen the rescue fund.
- On the FTSE, the mining sector performed well today after yesterday’s falls.
- In economic data, the EU government debt GDP ratio will be released today.
- No macro economic data is scheduled for release in the US.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.