- Since its 52-week low of 93.96 printed on 24 Dec 2018, the share price of Microsoft has rallied by 48% to hit a current all-time of 139.54 on 15 Jul that has surpassed the performance of the S&P 500 by almost 2 times.
- Since 15 Jul, Microsoft has staged 3-day of consecutive decline that shed -2.3% and from a technical analysis perspective, it has flashed out medium-term bullish exhaustion signals.
- From its 12 Jun 2019 low, it has started to evolve within an “Ascending Wedge” configuration coupled with a bearish divergence signal seen in the daily RSI oscillator at its overbought region.
- A break below the “Ascending Wedge” support at 135.74 is likely to trigger a potential 6% corrective decline towards the key medium-term support at 128.00.
- However, a daily close above 140.14 pivotal resistance invalidates the bearish scenario for continuation of the impulsive up move to target 147.55 next.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.