Main focus will be on the US Presidential election tomorrow
Trading Floor News November 5, 2012 3:40 PM
<p>- Shortly after the market opened, the FTSE was down around 26 points at 5843, a difference from last week’s rise for the index as […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Shortly after the market opened, the FTSE was down around 26 points at 5843, a difference from last week’s rise for the index as it rose 1.6% present and struggles to hold on despite the better than expected jobs figures on Friday.
- The main focus will be on the US presidential election tomorrow, as this will be dominating the markets when looking at the major indexes, Investors will be trading cautiously till the results are given.
- Analysts and some investors believe that the markets would do better in the short term if Romney is elected focusing on stocks, and if Obama wins it would favour bonds, Latest polls show that it’s a very close call, plenty of planning for investors as markets remain uncertain.
- Greece’s Prime Minister Samaras has now stated that the country could be forced to leave the euro if there is no approval for a new round of austerity measures in a vote on Wednesday.
- The Greek parliament is voting on a package of 13 billion euros in spending cuts, tax hikes and other alterations. Greece must get support of the package and its 2013 budget to achieve help from the EU and the international monetary fund.
- If the new measures are taken into concern, the stress of Greece returning to the drachma will conclude, and as this whole process has been very unstable, confidence will return.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.