Lower start for European shares this morning
Fiona Cincotta April 18, 2011 6:31 PM
<p>Lower start for European shares this morning as investors assess China’s latest hike in bank-required reserves and also await quarterly earnings. Lingering concerns over indebted […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Lower start for European shares this morning as investors assess China’s latest hike in bank-required reserves and also await quarterly earnings.
- Lingering concerns over indebted Eurozone countries so shares continue to drift lower.
- No UK economic data to be released today, the main focus will be on Wednesday’s release of minutes from the Bank of England’s last policy meeting.
- US housing market is the main focus for macro economic data, with March housing starts and existing home sales results to be released on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The US corporate earnings season is stepping up a gear, with Citigroup and Eli Lilly releasing Q1 earnings today and Goldman Sachs, Amec, Intel and Johnson & Johnson putting out results as the short week progresses.
- UK corporate announcements include Tesco and Home Retail Group issuing results and BHP Billiton and Anglo American releasing production reports.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.