Last full week of trading before Christmas
Trading Floor News December 17, 2012 3:00 PM
<p>- European markets were seen to open mostly flat as it’s the last full week of trading before Christmas, markets were expected to stay in […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European markets were seen to open mostly flat as it’s the last full week of trading before Christmas, markets were expected to stay in a tight range but vulnerable to sharp moves over uncertainty on US budget talks.
- The FTSE opened steady at 5916 with little corporate news to push in direction, impact from a trading statement from Aggreko today, saying it has maintained its full year guidance in a pre-close trading update but gave a negative outlook for next year which dragged the index lower, its performance will be apparently weaker compared to 2012 as the London Olympic contract was just a one off.
- The company has stated that group revenues are expected to rise by 13% to £1.6bn in 2012.
- European equities are trading flat to slightly higher this morning on news that japan liberal Democratic party has won victory and the US republicans indicating that they might be willing to talk about tax increases.
- The fiscal cliff has been dominating market sentiment over the past month as law makers continue to go back and forth in discussions and indecision for investors remains.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.