Investors digest corporate updates and look towards Spanish debt auction
Fiona Cincotta April 19, 2012 3:45 PM
<p>The index is up 30 points to 5777 as investors digest corporate updates and look towards Spanish debt auction of 2 + 10-year bonds. Spanish […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The index is up 30 points to 5777 as investors digest corporate updates and look towards Spanish debt auction of 2 + 10-year bonds.
- Spanish 10-year government bond yields shot up 6% earlier this week, raising fears that it will not be able to manage its public financing without an international bailout.
- In UK equities, Hargreaves Lansdown was the top gainer on the FTSE 100 after it reported that Q1 saw assets under management rise to record levels.
- Anglo American was also in demand after seeing production in most of its major resource groups increase strongly.
- Persimmon and Debenhams beat expectations, while WH Smiths hiked dividends following H1 profits of £66 million.
- In economic data, the Spanish debt auction was held this morning, followed by US jobless claims at 1.30pm GMT and US existing home sales and EU consumer confidence at 3pm GMT.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.