In Asia the Nikkei is up 45 points at 11,652
Trading Floor News March 4, 2013 2:40 PM
<p>- In Asia the Nikkei is up 45 points at 11,652. Whilst in Europe we have a more mixed picture across the indices, as the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- In Asia the Nikkei is up 45 points at 11,652. Whilst in Europe we have a more mixed picture across the indices, as the FTSE is up a ¼ of a percent at 6,378 and the DAX and CAC 40 are both trading down for today so far, at 7708 and 3699 respectively.
- Over in the United States the Dow Jones closed on Friday at 14,054.
- Looking at the Gainers and Losers in the day’s trading so far, Engineering group GKN are up 2% following record profits across all four divisions reported at the end of last month.
- At the other end of the scale mining giant Anglo American have traded down just over 3 ½ % following news that outgoing CEO Cynthia Carroll is expected to receive around $2M in shares as part of her exit package.
- With a quick look at commodities, Gold is trading at around 1,574, and Silver at 28.63.
- Elsewhere Brent Crude Oil is currently trading at around 110 a barrel.
- Focusing on the major Forex pairs, no huge changes this morning as the EUR/USD is at 1.3007, GBP/USD at 1.5043 and GBP/EUR at around 1.1567.
- Finishing up with a brief look at the headlines, computer and technology giant Apple’s latest innovation could see them venture into the growing watch industry. It is thought that making headway in the watch business would help compensate for slowing growth in other areas, such as their iPhones and iPods.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.