Hyundai and affiliate Kia Motors have taken a hit to their respective share prices
Trading Floor News April 4, 2013 6:00 PM
<p>- Stocks in Asia have risen this morning, as the Nikkei is up 272 points at 12,634. – Here in Europe however, the FTSE, CAC […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Stocks in Asia have risen this morning, as the Nikkei is up 272 points at 12,634.
- Here in Europe however, the FTSE, CAC 40 and Dax are all in decline from the day’s trading so far. At current levels the FTSE, is down at 6420, CAC at 3754 and DAX at 7874.
- Across the Atlantic, the Dow Jones closed yesterday at 14,550.
- Taking a glance at the big Gainers and Losers from today thus far, It’s mining company Vedanta resources that is leading the way, up a fraction under 2%. At the other end of the scale, its another mining firm Rangold Resources showing the biggest drop so far today, down just over 1 3/4% .
- With a quick look at commodities, Gold is trading down at around 1,552, and Silver up somewhat at 26.96, and elsewhere Brent Crude Oil is trading at around 109.12 a barrel.
- Focusing on the major Forex pairs, the EUR/USD has shown some recent decline at 1.2830, the GBP/USD at 1.5087 and GBP/EUR at around 1.1755.
- Finishing up with a brief look at the headlines, South Korea’s largest automobile manufacturer, Hyundai Motor Company and affiliate company Kia Motors Corp, have taken a hit to their respective share prices following an announcement that 1.7 millions vehicles in the US, across 5 different model years, would need to be recalled due to electronic defects.
The news brought about a 3.3% drop in Kia’s shares, and a larger 5.1% drop for Hyundai.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.