Global markets recorded a strong start to the week following positive news coming from the G8 summit
City Index May 22, 2012 3:05 PM
<p>After global markets recorded a strong start to the week following positive news coming from the G8 summit, the bullish sentiment has carried on through […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- After global markets recorded a strong start to the week following positive news coming from the G8 summit, the bullish sentiment has carried on through Asia and into today.
- Currently we have the FTSE UP 47 at 5363 while the CAC and the DAX are both 0.8% higher in early trading.
- The Dow Futures are currently 24 points higher as well, currently at 12,530.
- The biggest gainer this morning is Antofagasta, up 3.5% as the miners and banks once again lead the way with traders moving towards riskier assets.
- Carnival is also looking strong, up 3% after BNP Parisbas raised their price target and rated them as “outperform”.
- Man Group are the biggest faller however, down 2% as the hedge fund manager continues their decline despite yesterdays M&A activity.
- Yell Group are also suffering, down 16% as they posted a heavy full year loss despite plans to put in place a new capital structure in the coming year.
- With UK Retail Price Index and Consumer Price Index at 9.30am, as well as Existing Home sales in the US at 3pm this afternoon, there is plenty for trades to be watching.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.