Germany slashing its growth forecasts and investors sitting back over US jobs data
Trading Floor News December 7, 2012 3:30 PM
<p>- European stock markets traded higher this morning with the FTSE 100 up slightly in early trading up 7.53 points at 5908. – News from […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European stock markets traded higher this morning with the FTSE 100 up slightly in early trading up 7.53 points at 5908.
- News from Germany slashing its growth forecasts and investors sitting back over US jobs data impacted the markets today. In Germany the Dax was up just 0.1%,with Bundesbank cutting the country’s 2013 GDP forecast, the bank expects just 0.4% growth next year down from previous prediction in June for a 1.6% expansion, as Eurozone debt crisis takes its toll.
- Markets showed caution ahead of the crucial US employment report today, consensus estimates are for a 90,000 gain in non-farm payrolls in November mush worse than the 171,000 increase seen in October, the unemployment rate is expected to remain at 7.9% from the trouble of hurricane sandy last month.
- Further signs from the white house and republicans had resumed private talks on a further delay on the January fiscal cliff lingers over the markets.
- On the home front UK Industrial and manufacturing production figures are due out this morning but the main focus will be on the US employment figures due out at 1.30pm this afternoon.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.