The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened positively this morning and is currently up 25 points. The DAX is up 25 points and the CAC is up 27 points. Dow Futures are currently trading up 38 points.
- In Europe, shares are set to rise ahead of the holiday break, extending the week’s rally and tracking gains on Wall Street where a raft of reassuring macro data eclipsed lingering worries over the eurozone debt crisis.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.5697, EUR/USD is trading at 1.3074 and USD/JPY is trading at 78.06.
- Gold is currently trading at $1.637, while US crude oil for February delivery is trading at $99.80.
- A raft of economic data is out today, including US durable goods orders at 1.30pm, along with US personal income and outlays and Canada’s monthly GDP at 1.30pm. US new home sales will be out at 3pm.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.