FTSE opens negative before trading up
City Index October 25, 2011 3:53 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened negative this morning and is now trading up by 20 points. The DAX is up 13 points, the CAC is marginally […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened negative this morning and is now trading up by 20 points.
- The DAX is up 13 points, the CAC is marginally up by 1 point and Dow Futures are currently trading down by 15 points.
- Britain’s top share index is seen retreating on Tuesday from the two-and-a-half-month closing high hit in the previous session, according to financial bookmakers, with investors pocketing gains ahead of Wednesday’s summit aiming at resolving the eurozone debt crisis.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.6000, EUR/USD is trading at 1.1492 and USD/JPY is trading at 76.12.
- Gold is trading at $1651 and US Crude oil for December delivery is trading at $92.34.
- In economic data, UK GDP figures will be released at 9.30am (UK time), followed by US durable goods orders at 1.30pm and US new home sales at 3pm (UK time).
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.