FTSE opens flat as investors await further news on Greece
City Index January 20, 2012 5:36 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened positive this morning and is currently up 4 points. The German DAX is down 40 points, while the French CAC is […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positive this morning and is currently up 4 points. The German DAX is down 40 points, while the French CAC is down 19 points. Dow Jones futures are currently trading down 20 points.
- The FTSE opened flat on Friday, consolidating after hitting a five-and-a-half-month closing high in the previous session, with investors poised for further news on Greece’s negotiations with creditors on a debt swap.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.5464, EUR/USD is at 1.2898 and USD/JPY is trading at 77.21.
- Gold is currently trading at 1,664, and crude oil for March delivery is trading at $99.73.
- In economic data, keep an eye out for US existing home sales at 3pm UK time.