The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positively this morning and is now trading up 23 points. The DAX is up 60 points, the CAC is up 20 points and Dow Futures are currently up 10 points.
- The FTSE is seen to be notching up modest gains today, recouping the previous session’s falls as Greece edges nearer to getting its debt crisis under control.
- With Greece’s leaders continuing talks to reolve one remainibng issue to wrap up a deal on a bailout package crucial to avoiding a messy default.
- Greek officials have said pension cuts were the sticking point.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.5837, EUR/USD is at 1.3298 and USD/JPY is at 77.18.
- In commodities, gold is trading at $1,735 and US crude Oil March delivery at $99.00.
- The BoE interest rate announcement was scheduled for 12pm GMT, followed by the ECB rate announcement at 12.45pm and US Jobless Claims at 1.30pm.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.