The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positively this morning and is now trading up 23 points. The DAX is up 60 points, the CAC is up 20 points and Dow Futures are currently up 10 points.
- The FTSE is seen to be notching up modest gains today, recouping the previous session’s falls as Greece edges nearer to getting its debt crisis under control.
- With Greece’s leaders continuing talks to reolve one remainibng issue to wrap up a deal on a bailout package crucial to avoiding a messy default.
- Greek officials have said pension cuts were the sticking point.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.5837, EUR/USD is at 1.3298 and USD/JPY is at 77.18.
- In commodities, gold is trading at $1,735 and US crude Oil March delivery at $99.00.
- The BoE interest rate announcement was scheduled for 12pm GMT, followed by the ECB rate announcement at 12.45pm and US Jobless Claims at 1.30pm.