FTSE marginally higher as investors eye Apple results in the US later today
Trading Floor News April 23, 2013 5:44 PM
<p>- The FTSE was up around 9 points at 6289 this morning, with most European stock markets trading higher. – The markets have ignored disappointing […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE was up around 9 points at 6289 this morning, with most European stock markets trading higher.
- The markets have ignored disappointing Chinese manufacturing data, with the purchasing managers’ index falling from 51.6 to 50.5 in April, coming out worse than expected.
- ARM Holdings topped the leader board, rising 64.5p; AB Foods improved 16.5p, with total sales at Primark rising 24% ahead of the same period last year, including 7% like-for-like sales showing a very strong performance supporting the FTSE.
- With the markets trading higher, investors took a step back this morning, waiting cautiously as attention was focussed on PMI data from Europe. The market is looking closely at the data to provide guidance on a possible ECB rate in the coming months.
- The euro fell 0.3% and German bonds rose as the data revealed a slowdown in business for Germany and China, hitting commodities as this adds to further growth concerns.
- Focus for the rest of the day will be on Apple reporting at 9.30pm GMT this evening.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.